Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
WHAT IS OCD?
OCD is represented by diverse symptoms inclusive of:
- Obsessions- intrusive and recurrent thought’s, feeling’s and idea’s such as thoughts of contamination, unwanted sexual thoughts, religious obsessions, etc.
- Compulsions- conscious, standard and recurrent behavior/s like counting, checking, etc.
- A person may experience either obsessions or compulsions or even both. An individual with OCD recognizes the irrationality of his/her obsessions and views his/her compulsion as an unwanted behavior.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF OCD?
Signs of obsessions are as follows:
- Excessive concern and disgust with dirt, germs, bodily wastes, etc.
- Need to maintain order or symmetry.
- Fearing that something terrible is going to happen.
- Religious concerns or excessive praying.
- Being preoccupied with lucky and unlucky numbers.
- Intrusive sounds.
- Compulsion behavior is usually manifested as:
- Excessive and ritualistic bathing, hand washing, brushing of teeth, grooming, etc.
- Repetitive rituals like walking in and out of a door, up and down on the chair, etc.
- Excessive checking of doors, locks, home appliances, etc.
- Ordering and arranging things again and again
- Hoarding and collecting
Miscellaneous (e.g.- spitting, licking, having a special pattern of dressing)
AM I SUFFERING FROM OCD IF I LIKE MY THINGS A CERTAIN WAY?
Only when the individual recognizes that his/her obsessions and compulsions are becoming time consuming and significantly start interfering with the persons daily routine, relationships and social-occupational functioning, it can be termed as an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Our Care & Treatment
* If you find yourself experiencing similar symptoms, it would be best to seek professional help.
*Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment at +91 11 4016 7031 or +91 9871123430.