Recovery Clinic For Individuals Diagnosed With Schizophrenia
“You were sick, but now you are well again, and there is work to do.” – Kurt Vonnegnt
What does Recovery mean?
Recovery is returning to your normal/ optimal functional state of health, mind and strength.
What is a Recovery program?
Recovery program is wherein individuals undergoing mental health concerns can STAY in treatment, through regular follow ups to achieve recovery.
- Recovery of the individual is sustained.
- Coping up with stressors.
- Improving functionality of the individual.
- Age: 18 to 40 years
- Diagnosed: by 2 psychiatrists (One of whom should be from PsyCare)
- Willingness to seek treatment.
- Anticipation of crisis.
- Preventive measures.
- Managing relapse.
- Managing medical emergencies.
- Long term management.
- Cost effective.
- Psychosocial intervention – role of caregivers.
Follow up plans available:
- 6 months
- 1 year
Follow up structure of the Recovery Clinic:
- Psychiatric consultations – 2 per month
- Psychologist consultations – 4 per month
- Long Acting Injectable or Injection at Home – 1 per month
- Family intervention program meeting – 1 per month
- Patient education material – 5 (for the patient) + 5 (for the family/caregivers) = 10 sets per program